Friday, April 8, 2022

April 4-8 2022

 



Back to nature
 The Montessori Philosophy emphasizes immersion
 in nature in order to assist in the development of the whole child. 
Spending time in nature promotes
 physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development in every child.  
This week we planted sunflowers together.  Later this month we will be planting wildflowers (Weather permitting)
We chose sunflowers for several reason:
1. They are beautiful.
2. They attract butterflies and birds.
3.  They remind us to follow the "Son" (Jesus).
4. For Ukraine:  They are a symbol of peace and solidarity.


























Morning Prayer 
Oh my God,
 I offer you all that I think, say and do.
I'll work, I'll run, I'll sing, I'll sing, I'll pray,
Jesus be with me all through the day.
Amen 


Our Classroom Buddies

We want to send our a special thanks to the 4th grades in Mrs. Minner's class for inviting us to come to their classroom to meet their hens.  






 Plants and Weather 
This week we have been exploring how the weather helps our plants grow .  
  We need the sunlight to warm the plants.
  The wind to give the plants air.
  Today we made rain a jar to show where we get the water for our plants to grow.










After making it "rain in the classroom it was time to play with the "clouds!"  
We were having so much fun even Mrs. Barrera had to join.











Reminders 

There is no school
Easter Break
Friday, April 15, and Monday, April 18

Hope you can join us for the HCA Spring Benefit and Silent Auction on Saturday, April 30. Please see the Happenings for more information.

Sound of the Week
Cc is for
















May 31 - June 3 2022

  I Can't believe that we only have a few more days left together.  We have become such a close group!! We have laughed together, cried ...