Friday, January 10, 2020

January 6-10

Welcome back!
Happy New Year 

I hope everyone had a fantastic break filled with family and friends.
The children were so happy to see one another (and maybe Mrs. Morgan and me)!  I was so happy to see them! I missed them.

I want to thank everyone again for your wonderful gifts and warm wish. They made my Christmas seem brighter.

This week we spent getting back into the swing of things.  We have rearranged our classroom and started working from the shelves independently.

Shape Work
We started our week off with some dot art shape fun. 
Triangle, Circle, and square.

Art
We enjoyed water painting together.




Stars
We had fun making star art.  We put stars on our ceiling to look at while we nap.  We also used  a projector to put stars, planets, and rockets on our walls and ceiling.
  January is national stargazing month.  So we will be be doing several star activities through out the month.  Unfortunately, I can't take them out stargazing at night, so I hope that you will have the opportunity to go out with your child.

Letter of the week
 Monday, January 13 we will be starting our letters.  We will be doing one letter a week. 
Our first letter will be S for stars and snow.  Each week I will be sending a bag home with your child to  fill with objects beginning with the letter.  Please check your child's backpacks for more information.

Image result for alphabet montessori sandpaper letters

Jackets 
If the weather permits, we do try and take the children out everyday. Please make sure that your child's mittens and hat have their names on them as well as their jackets.   I see that Santa brought some new ones for our boys and girls.




May 31 - June 3 2022

  I Can't believe that we only have a few more days left together.  We have become such a close group!! We have laughed together, cried ...